AbsolutionWoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AbsolutionWoW

Absolution wow server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away

Go down 
3 posters

Did this Guide Help you?
Very Much! Thanks a lot!
Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_lcap60%Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Yes, Thank you
Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_lcap40%Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Kinda
Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_lcap0%Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
not really
Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_lcap0%Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No it didnt, Sucky Guide!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Famine
Player
Player
Famine

Male Number of posts : 79
Name In-Game : Astinos/Famine
Class In-Game : Warrior/Paladin
Race In-Game : Human/Blood Elf
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Empty
PostSubject: Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 8:44 pm

How to keep Hackers out-

1) if you see any old guy saying "Experienced GM looking for server i have years of service people love me on my server" This is one of the way hackers will advertise and once there in as a GM theres virtually no stopping them, theyll ban, jail, and all sortsa stuff to root admin and normal players (this may seem reversible, but still dangerous, as the hacker may hack the root admin's IP and get his hands on the database (I know it sounds crazy but this is exactly what happened on my last server I was a GM and i dont want it to happen to this, the best server in the world =]))

2) If you post and advertisement video, if someone PMs you saying "pls pls can I be a GM on your server" either decline, or tell chance and the others to ignore the application, risks are not a good idea when it comes to your computer and details =/

3) Decline any Applications made by people you havent seen on the server, know, or trust, if we dont know much about the it may as well be a Blizzard employee trying to get in and shut us down, or at least postpone the application until we see more of the person, ating too nice shows suspicion just so you know =)

*Precautions*

-Install an excellent Firewall on your computer, this will keep out any hacker programs
-Have two good Antivirus: Just in case the hacker may get past your firewall have two prepared in order to maximise detection chances.
-If you suspect anyone please tell one of the following:
-Chanceless
-Nyxe
-Silverxoder
-Taroth
-Fade
-Solitude

Do NOT tell any other GMs, not to be untrusting but you must be cautious of who you trust and dont trust =)

I will modify this post as more GMs are recruited, GMs with the consolidation of these current GMs I trust will be posted under the report suspection list, also people on this list should be trustworthy and so immune to suspection =)

~Astinos~

I only take half credit for this, the top half is mine, the rest edited (down from the tips for chance) it is copied from MMowned that bit, I take credit for bothering to look it up? xD

Last edited by on Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:23 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoLiTuDe
Gamemaster
Gamemaster
SoLiTuDe

Male Number of posts : 11
Name In-Game : Solitude
Class In-Game : Rogue
Race In-Game : Blood Elf Plxplxplx
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm

Your Really helping out on the server whit these tips.
Keep up the good work Wink
Back to top Go down
Famine
Player
Player
Famine

PostSubject: Re: Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 10:16 pm

thanks =) this shouldnt become a problem though until the server gets a little bit larger (about 30 peeps) but still be cautious now =)
Back to top Go down
Keraz1
Player
Player
Keraz1

Male Number of posts : 33
Name In-Game : Keraz.
Class In-Game : Warrior.
Race In-Game : Tauren.

PostSubject: Keraz   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:45 am

Astinors, Really good your telling about that,

Regards, the friendly tauren.
Back to top Go down
Famine
Player
Player
Famine

PostSubject: Re: Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:59 am

hehe thanks, but as i say its only 50% mine =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away   Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astinos' Guide to Keeping Hackers away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AbsolutionWoW :: Information :: Hints, Guides and Tips-
Jump to: